Saturday, October 13, 2007

Americans ex-heroes

I remember watching Hulk Hogan and thinking, 'god this is great'.

"I am a real American, fight for the rights of EVERY man." Kinda what his theme song went. Listening to it now is kind of ironic. Americans were god honest heroes. There is no other way to put it. In my younger and more naive days, no one would have actually doubted me much. They saved us from the Russians! They helped people, they were rich and powerful and we should aspire to be like them.

Not any more. You can thank Bush (II) for that. One man has decidedly destroyed the American reputation (as if you didn't know). I'm Canadian, and honestly, there's nothing but fear and loathing for Americans now. In my heart of hearts I dearly dearly want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but everytime I do, I'm crushed.

After 9/11 the world had nothing but sympathy for America. We were crushed (possibly more than Americans themselves!). Our Superman was hung with a necklace of Kryptonite and we were scared.

But instead of using our sympathy and empathy, you fucking kicked us in the balls and spit in our face. Thanks!

"Fight for the rights of EVERY man", as long as he's American right? For shame. Make me believe again, the world needs Superman back.

No comments: